Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
Here are over 50 fun persuasive speech topics to help you create a light-hearted speech that will be enjoyable to listen to AND to write!
Many people end up covering the same tired topics that they see in the media each day, simply because they can't come up with a better idea. That won't be you, of course, because these topics are fresh and entertaining!
Here are 53 thought-provoking ideas to consider...
First 27 Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
- The movie rating system is rigged.
- Voting should be mandatory.
- Marijuana should be legalized and allowed to be sold in coffee shops.
- College textbooks should be loaned to students for free.
- Parking and coffee should be included in college tuition.
- Students should not have to take coursework unrelated to their major.
- College students should be required to wear uniforms.
- Let go of the past.
- Jury duty should not be mandatory.
- Health insurance should be free to all.
- Students should be exempt from taxes.
- As gas prices increase, wages should too!
- Teachers should be required to provide study guides for exams.
- Safety lights should be installed in all college parking lots.
- Becoming a vegetarian makes for a healthier lifestyle.
- Losing weight is a great way to change your life.
- Lying is a natural and necessary part of good relationships.
- Carpe diem! (Seize the day!)
- Start planning for the future.
- Don't eat fast food!
- Don't fall prey to fad diets!
- Be yourself! (Leadership rather than following others)
- Parent teacher conferences should be mandatory.
- Say "no" to college credit card offers.
- Minimum wage should be raised.
- Luck is not a matter of chance (click to read a sample speech).
2nd 27 Fun Persuasive Speech Topics
- Become an organ donor.
- Cats are better than dogs.
- Elvis is alive!
- Michael Jackson was abducted by aliens!
- Miley Cyrus's twerking was a shrewd publicity stunt.
- Home schooling is the best education program!
- Private schools are better than public schools!
- Donate to charity!
- Satellite is better than cable!
- McDonalds is better than Burger King.
- Buying is better than renting.
- Renting is better than buying.
- Don't procrastinate.
- Celebrities receive preferential legal treatment.
- Reality TV is not "real".
- Keep a journal.
- Women can do anything men do and they can do it better!
- Athletes should be good role models.
- Winning isn't everything but it sure beats losing.
- All is fair in love and war.
- Teachers deserve pay raises!
- Students with "A's" should be exempt from finals.
- Everyone should own a pet!
- Wal-mart is the best place to shop!
- Use credit cards responsibly.
- Everyone should take a self defense class.
- Parents should take an active role in their children's education.
Okay, so that's my list of fun persuasive speech topics. Hopefully they will inspire you to come up with some of your own!
I know just how creative the folks who visit Best Speech Topics are, so if you come up with an entertaining persuasive speech, use this form to send your speech in and share it with everyone.
Return to Top of Page
A Guide to Persuasive Speech Writing
More Tips for Writing Good Persuasive Speeches
Another Example Outline
3 Tips for Writing a Speech That Gets Results
Coming up With Ideas
More Ways to Find the Perfect Topic
Topics to try...
Ideal for Teens
Example persuasive speeches for inspiration...
The Role of Marriage in Society
Fun Speech about Luck
Using a Cell Phone Whilst Driving
School Uniform Policies
Become an Activist
When you are asked to deliver a speech as part of your college assignment, you start looking for topics that are different from what all others have been using. You want to stand out among the students and appreciated by everybody.
From among the persuasive speech topics listed here, choose the one that you are most well-informed about or make sure you have the time needed to research and prepare a comprehensive speech that covers every aspect of the topic. This will help you talk to the point without rambling.Use illustrations, stories, examples, epigrams and other tools in your persuasive speech, to make it effective. Did I say, use humor where necessary?
List of 50 Persuasive Speech Topics For College Students
- Media leaks of the spying on domestic and International communications, including citizens, by intelligence agencies. (hot)
- Supporting the Local Food movement by buying and eating the local food.
- The ban on exploiting the Antarctic resources “restricting it to a “natural reserve" devoted to science and peace" should be maintained.
- Magazines marketed for teenagers send the wrong moral and ethical messages.
- Self-proclaimed “militia" should be closely monitored by the FBI.
- Tax incentives for international adoption.
- The government should cut off all foreign aid to dictatorships.
- Online education is just as good as classroom learning.
- Banning of in-virtro transplants.
- Tattooing of minors, whether accompanied by their legal guardian or with a written consent from the legal guardian.
- Abolish reliance on SAT and ACT scores in admissions.
- Cameras placed in federal courtrooms to televise all trials.
- A monthly stipend to cover expenses, for college scholarship athletes.
- Students should take foreign language courses (or any other type of specific course).
- The use of technological devices in Education.
- College beauty contests should not be encouraged.
- Unstaffed scientific missions are less expensive than staffed space flights.
- Students should not be pushed to compete at athletics.
- Pass a federal law to keep the trunk release systems on all new cars standard, to help children’s lives.
- It is important to have equal representation of genders and races in political office.
- Cell phone use and texting cause lower levels of concentration and focus.
- Text books should be replaced by I-Pads and online resources.
- College students should exercise caution when posting on social media sites.
- A border fence will not solve the immigration problem.
- Cyber attacks can prove harmful to countries.
- More recycling has to be encouraged.
- College network should have filters to prevent access of inappropriate materials.
- Social networks should be allowed in school.
- Should girls be allowed on the wrestling and football teams?
- Concentrate more on domestic terrorism than terrorism from other countries.
- Identity theft is a huge problem and should be paid attention to.
- The feminist movement devalued motherhood.
- Prohibit offshore drilling until oil companies do some disaster control.
- The reforming of the school system.
- The government should limit advertising aimed at children.
- Fast food restaurants should display calorie counts.
- The current tax system is unfair to the middle-class and lower-income groups.
- Churches should not be required to pay taxes.
- Chronic mental patients should be housed in “halfway houses" in the community, rather than suffer further in mental hospitals
- Billboards should be outlawed on interstate highways.
- Psychiatrists and psychologists should testify in court on behalf of the non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- A National Health Insurance Program should exist to guarantee basic medical care of all Americans, regardless of income.
- Hotels and motels should increase security to reduce the rising crimes against their guests.
- Child molesters should not be allowed to adopt children. Childcare authorities should carefully screen prospective parents.
- Stop selling weapons to other countries.
- The effects of marrying before completion of school.
- What should the role of the United Nations be?
- Use music and art to rehabilitate prisoners.
- Educated people should volunteer as literacy tutors.
- The construction of Olympic venues in the buffer areas of the UNESCO protected sites is harmful. (hot issue)
As you can see, many of the topics listed are new and address the current issues happening in the World today. Perform extensive research on the topic of your choice and create an impressive persuasive speech that people will remember for long.