As per the official notification of the SBI PO 2017 exam the two important topics of the Descriptive Section are as following -
1. Essay Writing
2. Letter Writing
Find below a sample essay on the topic "future of the banking industry", based on the format that you need to follow while writing the essay for your SBI PO mains descriptive exam 2017.
SAMPLE ESSAY: Future of Banking Industry (250 words)
The banking sector has witnessed an unprecedented growth along with outstanding improvement in its quality of assets and efficiency. Banks have gradually transformed themselves and have gone worldwide. ATMs, Internet banking, mobile banking and social banking have made "anytime anywhere banking" the benchmark now.
What is shaping the future of banking industry is the increasing use of mobile wallets. With the advent of technology and increasing use of smartphones and tablet based devices, the use of mobile banking functionality would enable customers to connect across the entire world faster than before. The attempt of the banks to go digital has been to reduce the cost of operations. ATMS, which have been offering a wide range of services, reduces the cost. Internet operations reduce it further.
Many Banks have been offering banking services through social networking sites like the twitter and Facebook and have launched Pockets, a digital bank with a mobile interface. It is a wallet, a virtual place to store money. It can be used to book tickets, pay bills, check bank accounts, open FD, credit cards and make fund transfers, view credit card statements, transfer money to linked accounts.
The future of retail banking will be dominated by mobile computing and technology. Banks offer online banking and mobile apps that can do most banking functions. Digital currencies and payment networks like Bitcoin may prove to be the true future of mobile banking as the underlying technology gains mass acceptance.
How We Made This Essay
- Every essay requires a very brief and a good introduction which explains the background of the topic and what the topic talks about. Like, in this essay we have given a brief introduction about “how the banking sector has progressed and improved so far.
- Continuing with the introduction comes the main body of the essay. While writing the body of the essay you have to be descriptive and write all your points, arguments, views in a proper manner. For example the body of this essay talks about the future of banking industry and the steps taken by banks to go digital.
- Every essay requires a concluding paragraph which is called the conclusion and is as important, as the rest of the essay. In the concluding paragraph you need to conclude all the points you have written in the body by presenting a brief analysis. For instance, in this essay we conclude by stating that ‘future of retail banking will be dominated by mobile computing and technology.’
Things to Remember
- It is important that you stick to the word limit. Usually you are supposed to write the essay within a limit of 350-400 words. It is important that you neither write less, nor exceed the word limit. You are also marked in the exam for being precise.
- You must ensure that your content does not seem repetitive. Repetition of words/sentences or content as a whole invites cutting of marks. Try and use synonyms in case you see that a word is getting repeated a number of times in the essay.
- Your essay must have a flow of argument. This means that introduction of your essay should effortlessly lead to the body, which should lead to the conclusion. Disjointed arguments or breaks arise when you are trying to say too many things in a hap-hazard way.
- It is a good idea to ensure that the conclusion of your essay satisfies the question asked through the topic of the essay. This implies that if in case the topic of your essay states a problem (for instance, "increasing rate of poverty in India"), then the conclusion of your essay must give at least one solution or reason that has been determined through the body of the essay. However, in case the topic of your essay demands an opinion (for instance, "Role of newspapers in influencing society or youth"), then the conclusion of your essay should clearly state what your opinion is on the matter.
10 months ago .
The SBI PO Mains exam is right around the corner. And after the Mains Paper comes the Descriptive Test. The Descriptive Test is a 30 minute long paper worth 25 mark. You must have prepared your syllabus for the Mains paper by now. Hopefully, though, you haven’t been neglecting the practise for your SBI PO 2017 Descriptive Paper. In any case, here are a few expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2017. These Expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper will help you streamline your preparation.
Download this as PDF
The Descriptive Paper will test you on both your Essay Writing and Letter Writing skills. You will have about 15 minutes to write your essay. It will be administered to you directly after the Mains Paper. You will have to type out your Essay and Letter directly on to the computer. So make sure you are proficient with computers.
Before You Start with these SBI PO Essay Topics
Given below are a few expected essay topics for SBI PO Descriptive paper 2016. These are, therefore, topics that you can expect to encounter in the exam. Take a look at these articles before you start off with these topics, however.
Previous Years' Essay Topics in SBI PO Descriptive Paper
SBI PO Essay Tips for 2017 Descriptive Paper
Sample Essays for SBI PO Descriptive Paper - Part I
Sample Essays for SBI PO Descriptive Paper - Part II
Reasons Why SBI PO Descriptive Paper is Easy
Expected Essay Topics for SBI PO Descriptive Paper 2017
- Impact and Scope of GST Bill in India.
- Demonetization and its Consequences.
- The bane of NPAs in the country.
- The Current Picture of Women Empowerment in India.
- Gauge the Success of Swatchh Bharat Abhiyan.
- Ambit and Expansion of Aadhaar Card’s Scope in India.
- Consolidation of Small Banks and their Implications on Work Force.
- Can RTI eradicate corruption? If yes, then why did so many major scams take place in the past years?
- Do you think decentralization is better than centralization? If yes, then explain how.
- Do political parties have a role to play in communal riots? If yes then explain how can this be controlled?
- Reservation: A Social Boon or Bane?
- Evaluate the impact of Multi-brand retail on Indian economy.
- Comment on direct and indirect benefits of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to companies.
- Explain how affordable and quality education can help in nation building.
- Why do private banks reap more profit ratio than public sector banks?
- Assess the role of sports activities on the economy of a country.
- Discuss OROP and its feasibility.
- What is the best way for the country to be rid of the menace of sexual harassment of women?
Once you finish preparing these topics thoroughly, check out these topics from previous years’ SBI PO Mains exam along with sample essays to get a more accurate picture of the exam.