Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.
Normally, once your site is registered in your WPML account and the registration key has been added to the site, you can simply use the automatic updates on the plugins page. If that is not working, then these are the steps to manually update your plugins:
1. Ensure that you have a full backup for the site.
2. Log in to your WPML.org account and go to the Downloads section. Download the WPML components that you need. You will receive a ZIP file for each one of WPML’s components.
3. Deactivate the current WPML version that you are using. Be sure to deactivate WPML and all its components. Otherwise, the installation files may be locked and not writeable. Don’t worry, your translations are not going to be modified.
4. Delete the plugin, so that you can install the new version. Note: if you cannot delete from inside WordPress, use an FTP program to delete the folders of WPML and its components from wp-content/plugins.
5. In the WordPress admin, go to Plugins -> Add New -> Upload and upload the ZIP files that you downloaded. Alternatively, if you cannot upload plugins directly to WordPress, unzip each file. A directory will be created. Then upload the unzipped directories to your site’s ‘wp-contents/plugins’ directory and overwrite the existing folders for WPML and its components.
6. Log in to your site, go to Plugins and activate WPML core first and then its components.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.
I'm building a website that is using Greek as default language and English as second language.
I have updated to latest versions of WordPress as well as every plugin - media translation is 2.0-b5.
Duplicating images is not working correctly. This is what I'm trying to do.
I create a page in Greek and add an image. Then, I check the box "Duplicate uploaded media to translations", publish the page and then click on the plus sign to add English translation.
When on English version of post and click Add Media, I'm seeing the Greek versions of media files (I can tell from the captions). In fact, if I try to see media "Uploaded only to this page", I see no images.
If I go the other way, by creating the English version of the post 1st and then the Greek, I can duplicate the images, but in the translation I get wrong size images - there is no option to select image size (eg. thumb, medium etc).
I had started building the site with English as default lang, so I can't tell if this problem existed from the beginning.
What can be done?